In order to provide our Landlords with the very best quality tenants, you will undergo a strict application process and we will request, as a minimum the following information for you and your guarantor if applicable. In addition, you will need to pay application fee(s). All documentation must be original.
1. Pay your application fees at our office, via your bank or at your local Barclays Bank. Please call our office on 01642 885511 to obtain our bank details. You should use your surname as reference when paying these fees. These differ between properties, so please check the advert relating to the property you are interested in applying for details of the applicable fees.
2. Right to reside - The law now requires you to prove all tenants over 18 are able to reside in the UK. You will need to provide acceptable documentation, click here for details of what is acceptable. The document holder will need to show the original to a member of our staff.
3. Proof of identity - normally in the form of a passport or driving license. If you have a current passport, this can also be used for point 2.
4. Proof of your current address - a recent utility bill or bank statement no older then 3 months. Mobile telephone statements are not accepted.
5. Proof of your income - normally your last 3 months pay slips / last years accounts or accountants letter may be acceptable.
6. Proof of your current rent /mortgage - normally a statement from your current lender / landlord.
7. Guarantors only - Proof of home ownership / Land Registry Search (additional £10 cost if no evidence can be shown)
Once your application fees and the above information have been received, we will ask you to pay a holding deposit equal to the first month's rent. This fee is non-refundable. We will also arrange a moving date and you may at this stage need to provide notice to your current Landlord if you have not already done so.
Before the agreed date of moving, we will ask you to pay your bond and contract fee (£45 if applicable) and we will also arrange for contracts to be signed. You may need to ask your guarantor to attend the appointment for signing.
On the day of moving, we may need to meet you at the property to confirm the details of the inventory that has been prepared.