jones estate agents & mortgage brokers -we love selling and letting houses... us on 01642 885511 to arrange your free,no obligation valuation.

Information for tenants...

The rental application process...

1. Pay your application fees to our office, via your bank or at your local Barclays Bank. Please call our office on 01642 885511 to obtain our bank details. You should use your surname as reference when paying these fees. These differ between properties, so please check the advert relating to the property you are interested in applying for details of the applicable fees.

2. Provide proof of Right to rent.

3. Provide proof of identity - (see below)

4. Provide proof of your current address - (see below)

5. Provide proof of your income - normally your last 3 months pay slips / last years accounts or accountants letter may be acceptable.We may also write to your employer for confirmation.

6. Provide proof of your current rent /mortgage - the most recent mortgage/rental statement from your current lender / landlord. We may write to your lender/landlord for confirmation.

7. Guarantors only - Provide proof of home ownership will be required or a Land Registry Title Search (additional £10 cost if no acceptable evidence can be shown).

Once your application fees and the above information have been received, we will ask you to pay a holding deposit equal to the first month's rent. This fee is non-refundable. We will also arrange a moving date and you may at this stage need to provide notice to your current Landlord if you have not already done so.

Before the agreed date of moving, we will ask you to pay your bond and contract fee (£45 if applicable) and we will also arrange for contracts to be signed. You may need to ask your guarantor to attend the appointment for signing.

On the day of moving, we may need to meet you at the property to confirm the details of the inventory that has been prepared.

For further information, you can refer to our TERMS and CONDITIONS. Details of our Bond Scheme are available via DPS Information for Tenants Leaflet.

Right to Rent

Select ONE document from LIST A OR TWO Documents from LIST B

ONE document in List C permiting the holder to a time-limited right to rent in the UK.

List A (One Document) List B (Two Documents) List C (One Document)
U.K. PassportUK birth or adoption certificateA valid passport endorsed with a time-limited period
EEA/Swiss national passport/identity cardFull or provisional UK driving licenseBiometric immigration document with permission to stay for time-limited period
Registration Certificate or document certifying permanent residence of EEA/Swiss nationalA letter from HM Prison ServiceNon-EEA national residence card
EEA/Swiss family member Permanent Residence cardA letter from a UK Government Department or Local AuthorityUK immigration status document with a timelimited endorsement from Home Office
Biometric Residence Permit with unlimited leaveA letter from National Offender Management Service
Passport or travel document endorsed with unlimited leaveEvidence of current or previous service in UK armed forces
UK immigration status document endorsed with unlimited leaveA letter from a police force confirming that certain documents have been reported stolen
A certificate of naturalisation or registration as a British citizenA letter from a private rented sector access scheme
A letter of attestation from an employer
A letter from a UK further or higher education institution
A letter of attestation from a UK passport holder working in an acceptable profession
Benefits paperwork
Criminal Record Check

Proof of identity & address for individuals

You should provide ONE document from each column, one from Identity and one from address.

Proof of Identity Proof of address
Current signed passport Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months
Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces) Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this) Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)
Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
Full old-style driving licence Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry -CIS4 Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
Firearms or shotgun certificate Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)
Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year
National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant Electoral Register entry
NHS Medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practice of registration with the surgery
Documents we will not accept include, but are not limited to:
- Provisional driving licence
- Mobile phone bills
- Credit card statements